The Grampians region lies waiting just beyond the boundary of our magnificent property. Drop in to one of the neighbouring wineries to sample a local drop, or indulge in some of the fresh produce for which this region is famous. For the adventurous at heart, the Grampians is a thrill-seekers’ paradise. Rock-climbing, abseiling, mountain-biking and hiking are just some of the adrenalin-fuelled sports on offer.
For those more intent on a restful experience, there are a myriad of options, including nature study, fishing or picnicking at the foot of one of the region’s many waterfalls.Or simply relax in front of your log fire with a good book.
This is a short list of what you will find very close to home
- Visit the Halls Gap Wildlife Park and see the koalas and dingoes
- Taste a fabulous range of wines at The Gap vineyard just five minutes away. All together 20 vineyards in the Grampians and Pyrenees wine districts are within easy driving distance; The Gap
- Experience the gourmet delights of Victoria’s Great Grape Road with a gourmet winery tour from Grampians Pyrenees Tours
- Visit Brambuk the National Park and Aboriginal Cultural Centre for a greater understanding of aboriginal history in the Grampians region
- Take any of the numerous walks in the Grampians National Park rated from easy to strenuous with walking and touring maps provided in each residence; National Park
- Take a guided night time tour of the National Park consisting of chance encounters with such locals as koalas, owls, bats, gliders and many others;
- Enjoy an early morning Balloon Flight with breakfast – wind and weather permitting.
- The Grampians Accommodation -- www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/vic/the-grampians